Hooray, it's almost Easter! Time to play fun and educational Easter games with your children. But yes, which games are fun for during Easter? Finding the right games can sometimes be a difficult job, especially if you not only want something nice, but also something instructive for your children. In this blog we have listed five nice Easter games for you. This makes the Easter a party that you will enjoy for a long time to come!
What is Easter exactly?
Easter is a Christian feast that commemorates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is an important party in the Christian calendar and is celebrated this year on 9 and 10 April. Although Easter is a religious party, it is also often celebrated by non-believers. For example, families come together to celebrate Easter with a nice brunch or a real Easter breakfast. In many cultures there are different traditions that belong to Easter, such as decorating eggs or a real egg treasure hunt up to eating Easter bread.
5 fun Easter games to play with the children
Given Easter full is all about cosiness and being together with loved ones, the fun games should not be missing. This is our top five best Easter games, for during the Easter brunch or for when you are looking for an activity to start the day with:
- Eierloop: Parents, you may know this game from the past. Give each player a spoon and an egg. Let the players put the egg on the spoon and try to walk to the finish line as quickly as possible without dropping the egg. The player who first reaches the finish? It wins the game!
- Easter Bunny Relay: Divide the children into teams and give each team a basket with eggs. The first player of each team runs to a predetermined point and puts one egg in the basket. The next player runs to the same point and adds an egg to the basket. The team that first collected all the eggs wins.
- Guess the word: Let the little ones take turns coming up with a word that has to do with Easter and let the other players guess what the word is. The player who guesses the word well gets a point. With this game your child learns to make word associations that are linked to Easter. So it is not only fun to play together, it is also instructive!
- Easter bingo: Make a bingo card with images of Easter -related items such as eggs, cute rabbits and small chicks. Give each child a card and let them cross Easter items while reading a list of items. The player who is the first to have a row or the entire card, wins. So you see again, there are plenty of fun things to do during Easter. If you are not yet completely bored, then you can also kick the Easter breakfast in a playful way with the egg. Who used to do this with his parents? If egg tap, or tap egg, each player chooses an egg and tries to tap the egg of the opponent with the pointed side of his or her own egg. The egg that remains the longest wins.
- Looking for Easter eggs: You might know the classic Easter egg treasure hunt. Hide eggs through the house or in the garden and let your children search for the hidden eggs. Whoever is the first to have his or her basket full, or who has found the most eggs, wins the treasure hunt.